[Lazarus] 3D Window Manager / Desktop environment in Object Pascal

Wed Jan 27 16:14:46 CET 2016

On 2016-01-27 14:26, Zeljko wrote:

> AFAIR, I've developed x11 part of wm :))) and some other modules like
> system viewer :)

It's good to know there are still some of the original XPde developers
around. I really liked that project - still do, but unfortunately I
don't run Linux any more (moved to FreeBSD some years ago).

My original idea was to port it and make sure it supports FreeBSD as a
first class citizen, so that OS can get its own desktop environment -
much like what the newish project Lumina Desktop is doing now for
FreeBSD. But with FPC+fpGUI being so good at cross platform support, it
should work equally well on FreeBSD and Linux.

 .... and yes, I have same thoughts about port but no
> free time to start that.

If either of us do find the time to start it, we should let the other
person know. It is a massive project, and collaboration is vital.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/