[Lazarus] bad luck

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 22:21:54 CET 2016

Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really had some bad luck today. When starting Lazarus it worked
> normally first. Then I created a new unit, saved it having an
> appropriate name, typed in a class definition without any fields or
> methods and Hit CTRL-F9. That was the moment when my computer freezed
> for a while, say 30 seconds, and rebooted.
>
> Afterwards Lazarus' configuration was hosed, the open projects .lpi was
> unreadable, .lpi.bak, .lpr and .lpr.bak were zero length. The file
> system had a lot of errors.

Good /God/ man, is that all? I opened this expecting to find that a
member of the community was in real trouble (frankly, the sort of thing
I was almost in over the last week).

What OS are you running, and how much privilege had you given yourself?
Frankly, I think the suggestion that Lazarus /might/ have caused a
system crash is more serious than the discovery that a system crash
probably corrupted files.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk