[Lazarus] Package issues

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Fri Jul 1 21:34:12 CEST 2016

> You should never do this, it is bad practice.
>
> I install all packages always in separate directories.
>
> Did you try un-checking the option 'add package unit to uses section' ?
>
> Michael.

No, it does not help.

But keeping sources and compiled units folder apart, in fact, seems to
resolve the issue. I followed the example of LazReport which consists of
several packages as well, but every package has its own source and
destination folders.

I still wonder why the IDE compiles correctly with TAChart - it
constists of the main package TAChartLazarusPkg and several dependent
packages such as TAChartWMF or TAChartFPVectorial. None of these has
"Add package unit to uses section" unchecked. All sources and packages
are in the same source folder and compile into the same destination
folder. I never had any compilation issues with TAChart.