[Lazarus] Unable to cross-compile Lazarus applications in Linux from x86_64 to arm target (Raspberry pi 3)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jul 12 19:21:36 CEST 2016

Il 11/07/2016 20:01, leledumbo ha scritto:
> Check whether your compiler path calls fpc driver instead of ppcx64 or some
> other real ppcXXX compiler. Examine the messages window, compile with -va if
> required, then check the early messages.

I did clean up everything and restarted fresh. But still it doesn't work.

Compiler messages are:

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2016/07/12] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
(1002) Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
(3104) Compiling fcllaz.pas
(3104) Compiling registerfcl.pas
(3104) Compiling lazaruspackageintf.pas
(9009) Assembling lazaruspackageintf
lazaruspackageintf.pas(104) Error: (9005) Assembler /home/colla/Applicazioni/lazarus/fpc/binutils/as not found, switching to external assembling
lazaruspackageintf.pas(104) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

but if I go to the folder of lazaruspackageintf.pas/units/arm-linux I
find an assembler file lazaruspackageintf.s, and if I launch manually
the Assembler "not found",  it assembles the file properly and generates
an a.out relocatable ARM object file.

Any idea?

Giuliano