[Lazarus] GTK 3.0

Gabor Boros gaborboros at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 17:54:27 CEST 2016

Hi Graeme and All,

> And because fpGUI is 100% custom drawn, if a full featured LCL interface
> was implemented (an Alpha version already exists), you have full control
> over both.

How can I try it?

After many circles in the past I chose Qt for Linux because look more
robust than GTK. But nowadays the distributions switching to Qt5 and
Lazarus have Qt4 compability only.

Which is the good direction for concentrate the available resources
(manpower) Qt5 or fpGUI. Graeme certainly say fpGUI. :D Others?

Foundation project for Qt5 binding or fpGUI LCL interface?

How big is the user base of Lazarus-Qt?

Gabor