[Lazarus] Target Survey

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Jul 19 21:42:11 CEST 2016

Am 2016-07-19 um 19:32 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
 > Umm... using a TreeView component as a Grid. Somewhere the design went
 > horrible wrong. :-p

I don't think so.
VTV (which I also find extremely flexible and fast)
is a grid where one (arbitrary) column can contain a tree
which simply means that the visible parts in this column
are indented according to the level of the tree structure
but still it is just an ordinary column with data
(getting wider with each level of tree depth).
The other columns just present meta-data to the entry.
That's how I would expect any tree representation to look like:

If you don't use a tree like column it just falls back to an ordinary grid.