[Lazarus] Compile conditionals from Delphi do not work in Laz 1.6...

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Fri Jul 22 18:07:11 CEST 2016

> Maybe you think it is a bug, because you are used to fpgui?
I have to agree with Graeme here, this is just needlessly confusing. Which
apparently the creator of TDirectoryEdit thought as well, as the property
containing the selected directory is correctly called Directory there. I only
ever use that or the SelectDirectory() wrapper function, so I've never noticed
before how strange that dialog is.

> A directory is a file and has a filename.
Not necessarily true on all file systems (both are directory entries, but that's
about it), and also different from how naming this is treated everywhere else in
the LCL.

Incidentally, in my opinion on Windows this component also invokes the wrong
shell dialog. I believe it should use SHBrowseForFolder (which is explicitly for
choosing a Folder) instead displaying a File selection dialog filtered to
folders. But at least that's consistent with taking directories as files...

Regards,

Martok