[Lazarus] LCL-fpGUI widgetset support

Fri Jul 22 23:57:33 CEST 2016

Hello Giuliano,

Very glad to here you resolved your issue.

On 2016-07-22 18:59, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> I put in a form the same widgets you provided in your example,
> and I got exactly the same result.

Fantastic! There are quite a few things that work already. Other than
widgets there are various dialogs, Win32 API calls like ShowMessage()
etc work too. It's not actually that hard adding widget support. My hope
is that somebody would eventually take the reins on this and fully
implement it. The TLabel support would also be much welcomed - I
struggled with that one.

> Did you ever stumble into a similar issue with Lazarus? Some wrong
> setting in the myriad of options?

Now that you described the issue, I have actually experienced that with
Lazarus before (or maybe it could have been CodeTyhpon). It was a few
months back. Unfortunately I can't remember what I did to resolve the issue.

I normally don't use any fancy scripts, update tools or binary packages
(eg: RPM, DEB etc). I simply install FPC using the official binary
release. Then use Git to get the latest Lazarus code and do a 'make big
ide'. This method has worked for years and I've used it under FreeBSD,
Linux, Windows and Haiku (though Lazarus was not supported under Haiku -
last time I checked).

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/