[Lazarus] Shift returns empty set in MouseWheel events

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Jul 27 14:56:29 CEST 2016

On 27.07.2016 14:36, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IMO it is correct. OnMouseWheelxxx are events for rolling the mouse
> wheel, therefore the ssMiddle cannot be in Shift.
>
> If you need to detect if Middle button is pressed, use
> OnMouseDown/OnMouseUp and test "if Mouse=mbMiddle then ..."
>
> Also, ssMiddle appears in Shift in OnMouseDown/OnMouseUp.

You are not correct. You can scroll the mouse wheel if it is released or
pressed. So for me a valid feature request for the distinction. The
OnMouseMove event gets valid Shift states as well.

Btw. please use a mail client that supports "In-Reply-To" and
"References" headers. Your answers are registered always as a new
thread. See the recent discussion with Denis Kozlov on fpc-devel list,
thread(s) "NowUTC in FPC".

Ondrej