[Lazarus] Lazarus cannot debug after Raspbian upgrade

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:59:35 CEST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:45:22 +0100, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
wrote:

>On 29/07/2016 14:31, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Moving this thread to Lazarus, posted to FPC by mistake.
>> I just upgraded my Raspberry Pi3 from the March to the May version of
>> Raspbian using the dist-upgrade command and then rebooted.
>>
>> Now Lazarus has problems with running some debugging sessions, it
>> immediately displays an error box saying that the debugger failed.
>> More info shows:
>>
>> The GDB command:
>> "-gdb-set confirm off"
>> did not return any result.
>>

>Sounds like a bug in gdb.
>
>what is in the "debug output" window? (open the window BEFORE pressing F9)

This is what I get:

=thread-group-added,id="i1"
(gdb)
<-gdb-set confirm off>
&"//\n"
&"Undefined command: \"\".  Try \"help\".\n"
437^error,msg="Undefined command: \"\".  Try \"help\"."
(gdb)
<kill>

>What version of gdb?
$ gdb --ver
GNU gdb (Raspbian 7.7.1+dfsg-5) 7.7.1

>what happens (does gdb return a prompt " (gdb)" for the next commad?),
>if you run (by hand)
>   gdb -i mi
>and then enter
>   -gdb-set confirm off
>
>what if you alternatively enter
>   set confirm off

All of these suggestions do not really mean anything to me. Can you be
more specific?
I have never used gdb by itself, I assume it is used by Lazarus to
handle the breakpoints I set in teh source code, but HOW that is done
is way beyond me.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden