[Lazarus] VirtualTreeView: new home, new release

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Fri Jun 3 08:49:35 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-02 17:52, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
> The LCL port of VirtualTreeView component has a new home:
> https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus
>
> It's now a direct fork of Delphi repository making easier to keep in sync
>
> Two versions are released
> - 4.8.7
> - 5.5.3
>
> Major changes:
> - Uses native resources instead of Lazarus resources: smaller binary
> - Fix reported bugs: remaining bugs also affects original code or is a
> side effect of bugs in other parts of LCL
>
> Remarks:
> - The users of 4.x must be warned that 5.x has breaking changes.
> Search for VTMajorVersion directives at the 5.x version of the demos
> to some of the incompatibilities
> - Tested in windows with fpc 2.6.4, fpc 3.0 and fpc trunk
> - Under linux the test was fairly basic. Only gtk2 with fpc 2.6.4,
> compiled and run advanced demo
I get a compile-time error when compiling the lazarus package:

Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0 [2015/11/26] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2015 by Florian Klaempfl and others
(1002) Target OS: Linux for x86-64
(3104) Compiling lclextensions_package.pas

/home/torsten/FreePascal/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus/Source/VirtualTrees.pas(3083,25)
Fatal: (2003) Syntax error, ":" expected but "<" found
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /home/torsten/FreePascal/fpc/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode

Kind regards,
Torsten.