[Lazarus] LCL exports CC-licensed icons to every LCL application

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Mar 21 09:54:32 CET 2016

Corresponding issue report: http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29869

Every LCL application includes icons (at least) from the famfamfam (Silk
icon set) that are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5/3.0
license.
As a result every LCL application that does not acknowledge them, breaks
the CC license.
LCL is advertised as "(L)GPL licensed with static linking exception",
which is not true because the LCL includes CC-licensed icons.

The Lazarus team will solve the issue for 1.6.2. We'll try to get a
license exception for LCL applications. If we don't get this exception
all CC-licensed icons will be removed from the LCL and will be replaced
by public-domain icons.

For now, please take into consideration that your LCL application must
acknowledge the Silk Icon Set http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ .

Ondrej