[Lazarus] Aarch64 as CPU target for RPi3 with Linux as OS

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Mar 4 09:58:52 CET 2016

On 03/03/2016 07:18 PM, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> I ordered also one in the hope using it to play with fpc aarch64.
> But currently it does not look good as it seems that it is not only a
> matter of the kernel but also the firmware. At least I didn't unwrap
> mine yet because of this, without aarch64 support I see no use for me in it.
A friend of mine uses BeagleBone and he always upgrades the devices to a
standard Debian distribution.

I don't see why this should not be possible / viable with RPI .

And I suppose there is an aarch64 Debian. (In any case it should be
possible to build it (a time consuming process ;-) )

So this hold run on a RPI3 for testing purpose.

Supposedly some 64 Bit drivers for certain hardware on the RPI might be
no yet available. but this should not hamper fpc / Lazarus testing .

-Michael