[Lazarus] Form Resizing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:48:19 CET 2016

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:08:36 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>In fact one does not even need to compile the default project, the
>Lazarus IDE is likewise afflicted. Cannot reduce width of Object
>Inspector, Code editor or the main top window. Only possible to make
>them bigger.

I have now obtained a RPi3 unit and installed from scratch. FPC and
Lazarus from svn release sources.
With this I have found that Lazarus IDE windows show this behaviour:

A) The main Lazarus top window with menus etc: Can be resized both
ways on first start.
But once it has been resized to a smaller size and restarted it will
no longer allow resizing height, which is about twice the needed
height when it starts up the first time. It still shows the double
height on startup but if I grab the bottom border to move it then it
snaps to the normal height and can then only be resized sideways.

B) Object Inspector, Source Editor, Messages: Can only be enlarged,
not reduced.

C) The Form view of the application main form: Can be fully resized

>I do not know what widgetset Raspbian Jessie uses but it has been
>suggested it is gtk2, others may know better. I am not a Linux master
>by a long stretch...

I looked at Lazarus Tools/Configure "Bild Lazarus" I see that the LCL
widget type is set to gtk2.
That is the same as in my Linux Mint 17.3 Mate installation.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden