[Lazarus] Form Resizing

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 09:41:13 CET 2016

Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have no idea what you mean by this statement...
>> What is LXDE and how do I test Lazarus for LXDE?
>
> Bo, I have a strong feeling that you are playing dummy. Why do you do it?
> You must know the concept of desktop environments since you tested
> many distributions already. A simple google search would reveal that
> LXDE is a desktop environment.

Assuming that Bo's running Raspbian and going back to my notes, I think
that the default desktop (window manager) is OpenBox with KXDE as an
alternative. Frankly, I found both to have issues and prefer running
pukka Debian with KDE, although it's unclear whether the RPi will ever
be a fully-supported target.

>> In this environment the gtk2 is still selected but the form sizing
>> issue is not apparent.
>
> Yes, the widgetset is GTK2 unless you have explicitly configured it
> for QT, as I wrote in my previous mail.
> Anyway, the problem is quite surely LXDE dependent.

When I last tried the combination, Lazarus and Debian "Jessie" were
uneasy companions on all platforms. I strongly suggest trying Qt as an
alternative target.

>>> Then could you please find the revision that broke things under LXDE.
>>> Raspberry may be too slow for bisecting, you must do it using a faster
>>> computer.
>> Now you are talking mystery again. I do not understand how I could do
>> this...
>
> I explained the bisect process in an earlier mail in this same thread.
> I will not repeat it here.
> Bo, do you read the replies from other people? Sometimes you seem to
> ignore them completely.

Seconded.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd