[Lazarus] Ann: class code creation

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Tue Mar 8 04:21:03 CET 2016

I don't think this is possible or reasonable.

On 08.03.2016 2:39, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> procedure TClass.Test(y: integer);
> begin
>   x private|:= y;
> end;

One problem is that CodeTools need valid syntax in front of y to
evaluate the type of y correctly (the type that x gets).

> Eventually people will know the dialog well, so selecting the needed
> item in the dialog might be painful.

Then we should do some kind of fast select possibility in the dialog.
 From my point of view, typing "x private" is more paintful than writing
just "x" and then selecting the section with key up/down from the
dialog. If you add only private variables, you can make it the default
choice (in Options->Code tools->Code creation) and then the dialog
doesn't pop-up.

Ondrej