[Lazarus] ActiveX in Lazarus and classic ASP

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 18 10:00:12 CET 2016

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if is possible to made an ActiveX component using
> FPC/Lazarus. This component will be used integrated with a classic ASP
> web application.

As far as I know, the only thing you need to do is create a class that
implements IDispatch. You hardly need a wizard for that, I think ?

> I make these components using Delphi 7 but I would like to use Lazarus.
>
> I installed the LazActiveX package, but I did'nt see an option to use
> something like "New>ActiveX..."

The activeX package registers a type library import item under tools,
and adds a component TActiveXContainer to the component palette.
This is to create visual controls that can be used using ActiveX.

Michael.