[Lazarus] LCL exports CC-licensed icons to every LCL application

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Mar 21 11:05:40 CET 2016

On 21.03.2016 10:49, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Yes, but that does not tell me which of these icons are silk icons ?
Yes, this is also a problem.

> Or are they all silk icons ?

No, they are not all form silk. Lazarus developers haven't been strict
about icon usage both in LCL and Lazarus IDE and so there is no
information about the source of every particular icon.

I can say for sure that there are buttons from Silk. E.g. button icons
(subdir buttons) are from the Silk package.
The cursor icons seem to be copied from Delphi (at least cur_21.cur) - I
don't know how these are licensed.
I don't know the source of the dialog icons (subdir dialogs) - maybe
Tango (?).

=> Now there is no information about the source of every single LCL
icon. So there may be more license problems.

I probably will remove all the icons from the LCL with a conditional
IFDEF and the icons will be added back only if license information about
them is known and documented in the LCL sources and matches the LCL license.

Ondrej