[Lazarus] LCL exports CC-licensed icons to every LCL application

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Mar 21 11:30:32 CET 2016

On 21.03.2016 11:16, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> ? Will this not cripple the GUI ?

Lazarus IDE GUI or your application's GUI?

On 21.03.2016 11:21, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-03-21 10:16, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> I don't want to end up with an empty button when I update my lazarus :)
> Ondrej did mention they would be removed by IFDEF, so it should be easy
> to override that and put them back in place. So I guess it's not too bad.

Correct. The Lazarus IDE can be configured so that it automatically
includes the Silk icons (because it acknowledges them). The problem are
user-created LCL applications where the author may not be aware of this
licensing issues. If he is, he can easily include the icons by compiling
the IDE with the appropriate define.

On 21.03.2016 11:19, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I can supply a list of icons used in the IDE which I designed myself.

Please do so. Although the priority are LCL icons and not Lazarus icons.

Ondrej