[Lazarus] LCL exports CC-licensed icons to every LCL application

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 13:12:15 CET 2016

Bart wrote:
> On 3/23/16, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Wandering slightly: I wonder if it would also be possible for the app to
>> get hold of things like the Lazarus and FPC version numbers and SVN
>> revisions?
>
> Lazarus version and fpc version is no problem.
>>From my standard AboutDlg:
>
>   if LazVersion = '' then LazVersion := 'Lazarus '+ LCLVersion;
>   if FpcVersion = '' then FpcVersion := 'FPC ' + {$I %FPCVERSION%};

Agreed. Getting the SVN revision number- useful in particular if you're
looking at a binary built with trunk- rather more of a problem.

I've hacked together various stuff to retrieve e.g. the build number
(optionally) stored by ld which I'd happily contribute if anybody were
interested.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk