[Lazarus] Testing Rapberry Pi 3 performance

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 15:00:57 CET 2016

On 23/03/2016 10:22, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2016-03-23 04:56, Anthony Walter wrote:> I recorded a very brief
>> video of the performance of Raspberry Pi and> Lazarus is quite usable.
>>
>> For a computer priced at £22, that is incredible value for money!
>> Istill have the original RPi - maybe it's time for an upgrade. The
>> workawesome as little micro-servers too. :)
>
> The RPi2 is superior in almost every way. I've got an RPi3 here but
> won't have time to exercise it for at least a few days.
[]

The RPI-2 is superior to what?

Using the RPi-3 is a significantly more pleasant experience than the
RPi-2, even just headless when compiling things.  Highly recommended.  I
did have some minor issues with Jessie, with the serial port on the
RPi-3, and with gpsd not suto-starting.  I detailed those towards the
end of this page:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-quickstart.html

I've not had chance to try Lazarus, though.
--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu