[Lazarus] Feature Request: Disable/clear the "Recent files" and "Recent projects" lists

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Mar 29 11:44:55 CEST 2016

Il 28/03/2016 20:25, Ondrej Pokorny ha scritto:
> On 28.03.2016 18:14, max.lemradt2 wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to disable or clear the "Recent files" and
>> "Recent projects" lists, e. g. for privacy reasons.
>
> I will probably never use it but if you need it, feel free to create
> such a function and send a patch to mantis. A good place would be to
> create a button in Options -> Environment -> Files.

Please do not overload Lazarus with useless features.
Removing "Recent Files" and Recent Project" entries without actually
removing the actual files/projects, is simply stupid. Anyone accessing
the system can list files/directories and from the dates know exactly
which files/projects were accessed, or modified.
If whatever paranoid need of privacy is an issue, files and projects
should be kept in a removable support: when the support is removed the
Recent items which become inaccessible are removed from the list,
without the need of any extra feature.

Giuliano