[Lazarus] Feature Request: Insert {codepage UTF8} per default

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:48:25 CEST 2016

> [~]$ echo $LANG
> en_GB.UTF-8

This is what I hink is happening to your test (Sven can probably
explain it better):

Since your locale is UTF8, CP_ACPand CP_UTF8 refer to the same
codepage, therefor the contents of S1 in either case is correct.

Without the codepage identifiier on Windows, after the assignement S1
contains a UTF8 byte-sequence, but the compiler treats it as CP_ACP,
and therefor on my system as codepage 1252, and now the string has a
completely different meaning.

Bart