[Lazarus] PDF generator, try 2

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Mar 31 18:17:10 CEST 2016

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, silvioprog wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:18 AM, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Great news! :-)
>>>
>>> I'm going to re-test it ...
>>>

>> Finally the PDF was succefully generated on Windows! \o/
>>

> The attached patch remove some compile hints/warnings.

Please, don't do {%H-} etc:

procedure CreateTTFCIDSystemInfo(const {%H-}EmbeddedFontNum: integer;{%H-}FontDef: TFontDef);virtual;

Typecasts like this should also not be done:

+    FontDef.FDiffs := WideString(lFontDef.Diffs);
+    FontDef.FCharWidth := WideString(lFontDef.CharWidths);

-  Arr.AddIntArray(FontDef.FCharWidth);
+  Arr.AddIntArray(string(FontDef.FCharWidth));

We need to investigate why you think this typecast is needed.

The buffer initialization is good, though.

I will not apply this patch, this needs deeper investigation.

Michael.