[Lazarus] Xamarin becomes free and open-source

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:33:42 CEST 2016

On 31.03.2016 23:14, vfclists . wrote:

> They have recently announced Bash for Windows and they are aiming to get
> a lot of Unix tools running easily on Windows.
> In fact those tools have been there for a while but they were not
> seriously promoted.

They announced the ability to run ELF binaries on Windows. Basically an
advanced/improved version of their POSIX/Unix subsystem that they had
from NT times till Windows 8 (exclusive if I remember correctly). Unlike
then the binaries now run as is (back then one needed to compile them
from source with an adjusted gcc, but it worked rather nicely :) )

Regards,
Sven