[Lazarus] How do you build lazarus for debugging itself?

Louis Salkind lks-fpc at outlook.com
Thu May 12 22:59:24 CEST 2016

Per http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30121, I would like to know the recommended way for building lazarus if you want to debug it internally.
FYI, I have made enough fixes/modifications to lcl/interfaces/cocoa so that lazarus comes up and displays most of the windows.  I can even rebuild lazarus within the cocoa version.  However, there are still lots of little problems,not to mention a few important controls (such as winscrollingcontrol) that are not implemented at all.  I thought I would take a crack at adding a few of the missing capabilities, but this is hard to do without a debugging build.  By the way, if others are interested in helping with this, that would be great.