[Lazarus] Flexible exporter for grid-like components

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizamericop at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:24:26 CEST 2016

Em 2 de mai de 2016 07:55, "Werner Pamler" <werner.pamler at freenet.de>
escreveu:

>> I would have the name of the base class (LazExporter) reflect that it
>> is intended for use with "2D-Data", and that it exports text.
>
> TLaz2DTextExporter, or TCustom2DTextExporter? Or anything else?

Does not grid implies a 2D format?

TLazGridTextExporter?

TLazTextGridExporter?

Is necessary Laz prefix?

Luiz

>> The HTML exporter should not (or not always) write a complete HTML
>> page, most likely I would use the exporter to create the tables only
>> and insert them in an existing HTML document.
>> (The default setup IMO should be to just export it to a plain table
>> (only table, tr, th, td (and closing) tags.)
>
> I could give the HTMLExporter a corresponding property. But I see the
main use case of html export in stand-alone html documents, therefore I
disagree on the default setup (i.e. I'd name the property
"WriteFragmentOnly" instead of "WriteFullHTML"). And how do you want to
insert the table in your document? By copy to clipboard? You must remember
that we had constructed the "Clipboard.SetAsHtml" method such as to always
write a complete html stream because some Office applications want that (
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29146, see also comment in front of
TClipboard.SetAsHtml).