[Lazarus] How to play audio from memory.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Mon May 16 23:37:35 CEST 2016

On 05/11/2016 05:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 21:53, Donald Ziesig wrote:
>> Currently I am able to do this by calling omxplayer with a file name and
>> volume information.  Unfortunately, the latency between starting
>> omxplayer and the beginning of the audio output is several seconds
> Yes, it’s possible with the United OpenLib of Sound (UOS). Fred has
> created an excellent library and it works very well. I’ve personally
> tested it on multiple platforms, and so too have others. The latency is
> very low when used with LCL, and even lower when used with fpGUI.
>
> You can find the code here:
> 	https://github.com/fredvs/uos/
>
> It includes a couple of example applications too.
>
> There has been quite a few discussions of UOS with Fred in the Lazarus
> Forums too.
>
> Regards,
>    Graeme

Thanks Graeme!  It works great on my laptop.  Now I need to port it to
the Raspberry Pi.

Unfortunately, the version I have on the Pi doesn't have the units for
openssl and fpopenssl.

Since I will not need the ssl functionality, I am trying to track down
the code tree that references those units.  Do you know if Lazarus has a
way to show the units used when a compilation fails?

Thanks again.

Don Ziesig