[Lazarus] Question about TRichMemo

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:52:32 CET 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:25 PM, silvioprog via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> I had some ideas, and I can send small patches showing them. For example,
> what do you think about adding the GetLink() method in the TCustomRichMemo
> class and the href:string attribute in the TLinkMouseInfo record?

You might want to refer to SetLink method.
There's ALinkRef parameter, that serves this particular purpose.
Naturally, LinkRef should end up in TLinkMouseInfo .

But I'd like to note, that "Links", are yet "under construction" area. For
a few reasons:
* old win32 rich edit (for WindoesXP, doesn't have an api to read "href"
data. However, a raw access to RTF could be used to extract it... as well
as to store it)
* setting up a link >>might<< (not critical at themoment) require one more
piece of information: Hint text (the text that's shown in the tooltip
window)

However, if you implement Gtk side and add linkref or href to
TLinkMouseInfo, the patch will be accepted.

thanks,
Dmitry