[Lazarus] Exception in OnResize event handler

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Nov 6 16:24:51 CET 2016

Am 2016-11-06 um 16:08 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus:
 > On 06.11.2016 13:03, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus wrote:
 >> The wording of the help is misleading.
 >> It says:
 >> "Common mistake: Keep in mind that ClientWidth and ClientHeight can change even when Width, Height stays the same"
 >> but it also says:
 >> "This event is triggered after the Width, Height, ClientWidth or ClientHeight of the control has changed"
 >> When OnResize is triggered even when ClientWidth or ClientHeight has changed then
 >> the "Common mistake"-sentence makes no sense to me.
 > Why? It's good additional information.

The sentence

"Common mistake: Keep in mind that ClientWidth and ClientHeight can change even when Width, Height stays the same"

makes me think that the event is not triggered when *Client*Width/-Height changes
but only when Width/Height changes (why else would there be a "common mistake"?)
but actually it is triggered in both cases.