[Lazarus] ctrl-c code completion

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 8 14:14:24 CET 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 13:00:44 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> I can confirm, I've seen this quite a few times recently too.
>
> Not sure if this is related:
>   Another way to reproduce this is to change the parameters of two
> overloaded methods and then do Ctrl+Shift+C to class complete (update
> their implementation signatures). Instead of updating the existing
> methods, it defines new ones.

In this case codetools don't have enough information. Because it does
not know the former connection. It only sees two declarations without
bodies and two bodies without declarations. It can't know for sure
which belong together. The non-interactive-code-completion should
stop with an error. The interactive can ask.

Please create a report.

Mattias