[Lazarus] Lazarus Version

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 19:27:05 CET 2016

On 08/11/16 16:30, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:20:22 +0000Mark Morgan Lloyd via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> On 08/11/16 13:30, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:> > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 13:08:41 +0100 (CET)Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:  > >> [...]> I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I don't know what 'version> unit' you mean ?  > > For example lazarus/lcl/lclversion.pas  > > I don't want to hijack anybody else's thread, but I habitually use that > file to get version info so that I can always find out what compiler > etc. has been used to build a binary.
> How does lclversion tell you the used compiler?

I said compiler /etc./

           lazV= 'Lazarus IDE v' + (*$I version.inc *) ;
           lclV= 'Lazarus Class Library v' + lcl_version;
           fpcV= 'Free Pascal v' + (*$I %FPCVERSION% *) ;
           fpcC= ' for ' + (*$I %FPCTARGETCPU% *) ;
           fpcO= (*$I %FPCTARGETOS% *) ;

..and much other stuff, almost all captured at build although in some
cases post-processed.

>> The one downside of this is that I > end up with a -Fu $(LazarusDir)/lcl which (I suspect) contributes to the > entire LCL being rebuilt more often than is strictly necessary.
> Alternative: add lclbase as requirement in the project inspector.

Thanks, I'll try that. Is there an easy way to get the version.inc file
without specifying an absolute path? At the moment I'm using -Fi (or
rather, the equivalent in the paths dialogue).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk