[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Nov 11 01:53:01 CET 2016

On Wed, November 9, 2016 3:10 am, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2016-11-09 05:13, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> I find the documentation, for example, for
>> Total Commander, to just be a little bit too Windows 3.1 looking.
>>

> I'll bet you a 6-pack of beer that the documentation was written by the
> developer himself. That would explain the lack of typography. :)

But it's not just say Ghislers writing style or formatting, but the
general look of the old help systems from windows 95 era.  i.e. any
chm/hlp system appears to be win 3.1 looking, or if not win 3.1, then win
95 looking.

As much as I really appreciate simple text documentation with minimal html
bloat, I'm thinking more of the professional $250 software app or $99
software app that needs to ship a documentation system that will make
people feel satisfied for their dollar.  An old win 3.1/win95 style
hlp/chm system just seems a bit too cheap.

But, I'm nit picking.  I do appreciate simple documentation without eye
candy crap.