[Lazarus] Clarification about VirtualTreeView repositories (lazarus-ccr/virtualtreeview-new deprecation)

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizamericop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:28:31 CET 2016

Currently there are three repositories of VirtualTreeView LCL port.

In Lazarus-CCR:

virtualtreeview: first port, long unmaintained
virtualtreeview-new: original repository of the current port

In GitHub:
https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus : active repository of
current port

Some history how we got that:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,26581.msg174292.html#msg174292

In order to bring some sanity, i added a note in the
Lazarus-CCR/virtualtreeview-new repository about its deprecation.The idea
is to remove in the near future. The development history, for any need,
will be kept at https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus-History

I don't own rights about of Lazarus-CCR/virtualtreeview repository so not
comfortable in taking any decision about it. I will let for Lazarus-CCR
admins decide what to do with it

Luiz