[Lazarus] macOS Sierra save as dialog hangs

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Nov 30 10:20:40 CET 2016

Hi, Not sure if this has anything specifically to do with Sierra version
of MacOS but that's the only Mac I have to test on..

When I run the latest Lazarus from source forge download section, on Mac
Sierra OS version, The IDE loads up and works fine except for when I try
to save the project.

If I click any of the drop down menu items in the save project as dialog
it hangs, with the spinning multicolor cursor and will not stop unless I
force the application to quit.

In addition, clicking the save button hangs in that dialog if I don't
click any of the drop down items.

Anyone on Mac had this issue?

I ran a disk first aid to make sure my hard drive is not the cause.

Then as an experiment I opened a new project (after forcing lazarus to
quit then restarting it) and added a save dialog widget to the form. I
launched the application without saving it and executed the save dialog.
This one does not hang, i.e. in project1. However the lazarus app itself,
hangs when save dialog accessed..

Wondering if this is a Sierra issue specifically. Not positive it is
because I've seen other Sierra users on the internet able to use lazarus.