[Lazarus] TPageControl OnChange calling issue

Michael W. Vogel m-w-vogel at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 19:01:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

we want to discuss a bug report
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=25554 here, not in Mantis (hope,
I understand Bart right).

Today, the TPageControl.OnChange event behave different in Lazarus than
in Delphi. In Delphi it is only called (so the bug report), if the user
change the page. In Lazarus it is also called, when the page is changed
by code.

I like (need) the behaviour in Lazarus, cause I mostly use blank
TPageControls, with dynamic added pages and filled with dynamic created
TFrames (created on demand). So for me it isn't important, if the user
select a page or it is selected by code, I need the OnChange event to
create or initialize the TFrame.

If I understand Bart right, he had a fix for that bug report, but than
the behaviour now is gone.

I would prefer a option like nboCallPageChangeByCodeSelection to keep
the current behaviour (so it doesn't break Lazarus code). A other
possibility would be a new event like OnChangePage (as a replacement for
the current Lazarus TPageControl.OnChange).
I wouldn't throw the current (in my eyes: better) behaviour away.

What is your opinion?

Kind regards

Michl