[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Oct 13 11:14:25 CEST 2016

On 12.10.2016 20:10, Adrian De Armas via Lazarus wrote:
> teach how to create rich GUI Applications and to my surprise the idea
> was well recieved. Now I have to make suggestions about how to prepar
The GUI development in Lazarus is not "modern" at all (but IMHO a *very*
decent way to do a GUI).

Embarcadero Delphi changed to the "FireMonkey" GUI builder, that is
intended to do a "modern" "dynamic" GUI, more suitable for
mobile-trained users.

Regarding building a GUI, the "RAD" paradigm seems not to to be widely
accepted any more, but a dedicated GUI builder, separated from the
language code, is recommended in many places, even though a lot more
clumsy than Delphi-alike RAD.

-Michael