[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Thu Oct 13 16:48:03 CEST 2016

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:37:53 -0300
Adrian De Armas via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Introducing GUI is an efford to make the module more attractive to the
> students (the droupout rate is high). The module is taught as a basic
> science. All my students will be civil, environmental or bio engineers but
> not computer engineers.

And nonetheless you think replacing matlab with pascal (or any other language) is a good idea?
If you just want a GUI to make it more fancy matlab can provide that, too.

If you want modern, teach them Java and let the programs run on their phones or keep doing console programs and do the GUI in JS (aka web applications). ^^

R.