[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:09:48 CEST 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Michael Schnell via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On 13.10.2016 15:32, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> When a problem tends to be very large , Pascal is losing its power
>> because of its non-standard ( actually related standards are dead and not
>> maintained and not adhered ) structure .
>>
> I do know several very large systems done in Delphi. The only real
> downside I see is that they are not portable to Linux and/or ARM.
>
> -Michael
> --

This is the real problem as you said : Portability among different
operating systems .

As an example : All of the super computers are using Linux ( there are very
few exceptions being the smallest super computers in "500 super computers
list" using Windows  ) .

Development in Delphi is no use in that environment .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk