[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 13 23:11:31 CEST 2016

Il 13/10/2016 16:48, Reimar Grabowski via Lazarus ha scritto:

> If you want modern, teach them Java and let the programs run on their phones or keep doing console programs and do the GUI in JS (aka web applications). ^^

I find very unlikely that civil, environmental and bio engineers will
find of any use learning how to write program for their phones, or for
developing web applications. On the contrary they may need to develop
typical computer applications, where a traditional programming language
provides the required efficiency, and RAD can be very important bonus,
to get it quickly done.

I have always found that following no matter what the most "modern"
technology is totally wrong and misleading. One should be aware of what
is available, of course, but then one should always select the most
"appropriate" technology, and not be influenced by what is "modern".

Tombstones are still made of stone, a stone age technology, just because
it still turns out to be the most appropriate technology to cover a grave.

Giuliano