[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 14 16:10:19 CEST 2016

Am 2016-10-14 um 15:52 schrieb Michael Schnell via Lazarus:
 > On 14.10.2016 13:01, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
 >> They will be thrown into the deep end and sink.
 > I don't think so. You can learn to drive a car even if you don't know how the engine is constructed.
 > At first you can just use the GUI and later you can find out how it works.

In most cases they never get to the step "find out how it works".
If it works, nobody wants to invest time anymore to look under the hood.
So they always operate on the surface and repeat the same
subobtimal programming over and over again
because they don't know how to do it better.

The problem is, that often it does *not* work (or at least not as good as expected)
because of the lack of knowledge. Then such people without background knowledge
desperately click on this and that and some have luck and suddenly it works (more or less).
But they do not know why and they also do not know why the performance is so bad,
but hey, as long as it more or less works....