[Lazarus] ANN: Procedure List enhancement

Tue Oct 18 13:06:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

I thought I would mention that Markus implemented an enhanced search
feature in the Procedure List dialog. This became available at the end
of July in Lazarus Trunk. I've used it extensively since then, and it is
super handy. So kudos to Markus for than very nice addition.

So what is the new enhancement? Before, you could only search and match
against method/procedure names, and use the Objects combobox to limit
the search to a specific class. The new enhancement allows you to search
against any class names as well as method/procedure names. All from the
same search edit text box.

Search Syntax:
--------------
1.  Simply typing some text will match against the method/procedure
    name as it has always done.

2.  A . (dot) in the filter word is used to separate class name and
    function name.

Search Samples:
---------------

class/method name   | filter | match
TForm1.TestProc     | test   | true
TForm1.TestProc     | form   | true
TForm1.TestProc     | .tes   | true (the filter is only applied to
                                     the method names)
TestProc2           | .tes   | false (because this is a procedure,
                                      not a method of a class)
TForm1.TestProc     | for.pro | true (class contains "for", method
                                      contains "pro")

So if you have very large units, this extra search functionality really
comes into play, and hugely improves the speed at which you can find a
method of a specific class, even though there are stacks of classes and
methods defined in that unit.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this very useful feature with you all.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/