[Lazarus] Chromium embedded on freebsd or firefox embedded

Fri Oct 21 11:07:59 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-21 08:38, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
> I so much love the bsd license and want to move my desktop and some of my
> development over to BSD, but it just seems like bsd is constantly playing
> catch up to what linux and windows already had years ago.

I agree with the first part and disagree with the second part. :)  I've
switched to FreeBSD some 4 years ago, as my only desktop system for work
and play. I've never been happier. My system runs for months on end
without a reboot, I watch movies, browse the net, host multiple
development VM's, run two 24/7 server VM's, and do all my daily
development work on it. Upgrading is dead simple, and the ports system
rocks! And the best part is ZFS - I'll never trust my data on anything
else ever again. I also run a nVIDIA graphics card that drives 3
monitors. I've never been happier with my computer setup.

I don't know about Chromium Embedded, but I did dab with Firefox
Embedded 4 years ago, and from what I remember it was working fine. I
never used in in a large-scale application though. I didn't like the
large dependency I had to include with every application.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/