[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Oct 21 13:26:13 CEST 2016

On Fri, October 21, 2016 2:11 am, Martin Schreiber via Lazarus wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2016 09:51:38 Lars via Lazarus wrote:
>

>> I'm not so sure event driven programming is a must to become a
>> competent programmer, I would have to think about that.
>
> "Event driven" probably means that there is an event queue with a central
>  toolkit-main-eventloop which dispatches the events instead a program
> specific flow control.

What about a pure win32 API app written in C.  Do you essentially reinvent
your own event system using callbacks with program flow control? Or the
win32 api has an event system in its api itself?  Been a while since I did
some win32 api programming..
I'm just wondering if pretty much every system out there has some kind of
rolled your own event system of some kind.  The other common item that
pops up everywhere is some kind of messaging system to notify objects,
which I guess is what Smalltalk takes credit for.