[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Oct 28 11:08:12 CEST 2016

On 28.10.2016 9:56, Balázs Székely via Lazarus wrote:
> I only download/use free icons(free as a free beer :) )

Be aware that CC license is not "free as a free beer" :)

> from sites like this
> one:
> https://www.iconfinder.com/iconsets/32x32-free-design-icons
> It clearly states: "License: Free for commercial use (Include link to
> authors website)". I suppose it's ok to use them, if we leave a txt with a
> link?

Exactly. Keep track of used icons and list them by license/author in
some text file. See e.g. lcl\images\copyright.txt . It makes things a
lot easier in the future. Thanks!

+ Also make sure that you don't list iconfinder.com as a source but the
original author - e.g. in case of your link above it's
http://www.small-icons.com/packs/32x32-free-design-icons.htm .

Ondrej