[Lazarus] Run FPC on Raspberry Pi3 in command line mode

Ken Kashmarek kashken at csteldridge.com
Sat Oct 29 07:23:19 CEST 2016

I have been runing FPC v3 on Windows 7 from a command line window.  The
Windows 7 version of the IDE sucks.

I want to run FPC v3 on my Raspberry Pi3 the same way, from a command line
window (not the GUI IDE interface).

Is that possible?  I found everything for starting the IDE but not for
starting the compiler directly (I will be using my own editor for source
files).

By the way, my install of FPC v3 on Raspberry Pi3 took less than 45 minutes
but it did consume 840 meg of space on my SD card (I have a 28 gig partition
so that was inconsequential).  I do get an error message when the Lazarus
1.6 IDE starts but so far it seems to cause no problem.

To Bo Berglund:  Thank you for the install script.  Very nice.

Ken