[Lazarus] Object Inspector reuse ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Sep 8 08:04:18 CEST 2016

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016, Giuliano Colla wrote:

> If I remember well, Lazreport does something of this sort. Worth giving  a look.
> Giuliano

Indeed.

I had a look...

I copy here the uses section of the Object Inspector unit:

  // IMPORTANT: the object inspector is a tool and can be used in other programs
  //            too. Don't put Lazarus IDE specific things here.

If you look at the above 'Important' warning and then look below:

   // RTL / FCL
   SysUtils, Types, Classes, TypInfo, math, FPCanvas,
   // LCL
   InterfaceBase, LCLType, LCLIntf, Forms, Buttons, Graphics, GraphType,
StdCtrls,
   Controls, ComCtrls, ExtCtrls, Menus, Dialogs, Themes, LMessages, LCLProc,
   // LazControls
   {$IFnDEF UseOINormalCheckBox} CheckBoxThemed, {$ENDIF}
   TreeFilterEdit, ListFilterEdit,
   // LazUtils
   LazConfigStorage, LazLoggerBase,
   // IdeIntf
   IDEImagesIntf, IDEHelpIntf, ObjInspStrConsts,
   PropEdits, PropEditUtils, ComponentTreeView, OIFavoriteProperties,
   ListViewPropEdit, ImageListEditor, ComponentEditors, ChangeParentDlg;

Everything below "IdeIntf" seems quite "Lazarus IDE specific" to me.
So the 'Important' warning can be removed, it is useless.

So using the object inspector is already out.
Well, I got an answer to my question :-)

Michael.