[Lazarus] lazarus 1.6+fpc 2.6.4, win32, crashes in iphtml.pas

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Sep 30 13:02:26 CEST 2016

El 30/09/16 a les 12:46, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus ha escrit:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:27:46 +0200
> Luca Olivetti via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> FWIW, "transplanting" the version of turbopower_ipro from lazarus 1.4.4
>>> to 1.6 (and defining html_print in its lpk otherwise it doesn't compile)
>>> "solves" this problem.
>>
>> I now found that the problem is with the directive
>>
>> {$MODESWITCH NESTEDPROCVARS}.
>>
>> If I compile the old turbopower_ipro with this directive (even if it
>> doesn't need it) it doesn't work (the information box doesn't show
>> anything, though I didn't manage to crash lazarus yet), while if I
>> rewrite the new iphtml.pas in order to remove the directive it works OK.
>
> Does that mean you will provide a patch to fix this?

Yes, attached (beware, made under windows with TortoiseSVN), but it's
less "elegant" that the solution with nestedprocvars (if it is supposed
to work).
And, as I said to Ondrej, there are more units using that switch.

>> A bug in fpc 2.6.4?
>
> Maybe. Although it exists since 2.6.0.

I could file a bug then but I'm afraid I cannot produce a simple test case.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007