[Lazarus] Why lazarus is sorely needed: A plea for stability and backwards compatibility

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:37:45 CEST 2017

Yeah, one thing i like with FPC and Lazarus is that there is a strong focus
on backwards compatibility. Of course it isn't perfect (with FPC 3 i had to
change some of my string code - e.g. i was loading files into strings by
setting the length and BlockReading the string directly - but that took
only a few minutes) but it is generally very stable.