[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.9 ???

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Thu Apr 27 21:38:46 CEST 2017

Hi All!

I have been using Lazarus 1.7 with fpc 3.0.0 since February with
excellent results (until Tuesday).  Somehow, I managed to corrupt that
installation (spent the last two days trying to isolate newly appearing
Segfaults in the IDE which occurred when I tried to install
components).  Nothing I did seemed to help, including Rebuilding the
IDE, FPC, looking for modified source files, etc.

Today I gave up and decided to try the latest Lazarus and Fpc using
fpcupdelux.  I expected to get a later implementation of Lazarus 1.7, or
perhaps 1.8.  To my amazement I got 1.9!

With the limited amount of testing I've done so far, it seems to be
excellent.  I'll let you know when I successfully install a few
components ;-).

Keep up the great work.

Don Ziesig